Post-op Instructions For Space Maintainer
- The Space Maintainer that your child has had placed today is cemented onto the tooth with a dental cement that contains fluoride.
- This cement takes about 12 hours to achieve its final set. A soft diet for the rest of the day is suggested.
- Space Maintainers may come off if your child eats sticky candies, chewing gum, lollipops, etc. Please avoid these as long as your child has any Space Maintainers on his/her teeth.
- It is not unusual for the gum tissue around the Space Maintainer to be red, and or irritated for several days. Salt-water rinses can be used. Baby anbesol can be applied around the gum line also.
- Brush the area Gently today, thereafter you may resume normal brushing and flossing.
- Should a Space Maintainer become loose, please remove it and contact the office. This is not an emergency.